LYMPHOCYTES

Also know as White Blood Cells.

These Cells help protect the body from becoming infected by Viruses and Bacteria.  They help your body fight Antigens [Foreign threats in your body]. They are an important part of your immune system.

There are three types of LYMPHOCYTES: B Cells, T Cells, and NK Cells (Natural Killer Cells).

LYMPHOCYTES are produced in your Bone Marrow.  Some enter your blood stream.  Others enter your Lymphatic System.

About 25% of new LYMPHOCYTES remain in your Bone Marrow and become  B Cells.  The other 75% travel to your Thymus [Lymphoid Gland] and become T Cells.

 291 total views,  2 views today